Preference will be given to organizations that:
- Serve troubled youth between the ages of 11-18.
- Focus on preventing youth involvement in the criminal justice system, or provide long-term rehabilitation in a residential or alternative setting.
- Provide comprehensive support services to youth that may include education, job training, enrichment activities, counseling and case management.
Proposals that fall outside of the Foundation’s guidelines will be considered at the discretion of the Directors.
Organizations operating throughout the United States.
Type of Support
General operating, capital and capacity-building
The typical grant size will be between $5,000 and $40,000. Grants outside of this range will be considered at the discretion of the Directors.
Organizations must be classified by the Internal Revenue Service as public charities and tax-exempt under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Funding will not be provided for political campaigns, lobbying or fundraising activities, conferences or missionary work. Requests for endowment funding and direct support for individuals will not be accepted.
Application Process & Grant Cycle
Letters of inquiry (LOIs) may be submitted three times throughout the year.
These letters must be emailed by Tuesday February 28 2017 to be considered at the subsequent board meeting.
Organizations interested in applying to the Foundation for support should submit a brief two-to-three page letter that includes the following:
- Contact information (request contact person’s name, title, e-mail, mailing address, telephone and fax number);
- Organizational information (brief statement of the organization’s history and activities);
- Description of the project/request (identify the request amount, project purpose and timeline);
- Financial information (estimated budgets both for the organization and the specific project);
- Supporters (brief overview of the organization’s sources of revenue and funders associated with the specific project);
- Staff qualifications (brief background on the key personnel involved in the organization/project).
- Organizations invited to submit a full application will be notified and will receive full proposal guidelines within three weeks of their LOI submission.
Please email all LOIs by the dates outlined above to:
Miki Akimoto at U.S. Trust, Bank of America Wealth Management: email@example.com